BETH BAGBY SMITH
A lifelong Roman and graduate a 1987 graduate of Darlington School, Beth received a B.S. and M. Ed
from Auburn University. She returned to Rome and taught at East Central Elementary School teaching kids with special needs. She then moved to Darlington Schools where is has taught pre-K and Kindergarten for the past several years.
As a member of the Junior Service League she has served on the Executive Committee and was an active member of their Follies Programs
Other activities in the Rome community include:
-First Baptist Church:
-Sunday School Officer
– Youth, Women of the Church, and Family Ministries committee
-Sunday School, youth and missions teacher
-Director and Founding member of the Tri for Kids Youth Triathlon which benefits the Boys and Girls
-Founding member of RACE Rome which hosts endurance events and youth/adult triathlonsto raide money for local charities.
– Darlington School Servant Leadership Program
-Volunteer with Open Door Home, Boys and Girls Club, Cancer Navigators and the Wm. Davies Homeless
– Heart of the Community Board of Governors
– Her class adopts a family at Christmas and prepares a meal for the Homeless Shelter each month.
– Her class at school makes hand painted plates as awards for Clocktower Handcycling event.
– Organizes students to greet teams during NAIA National Championships
Nominated by Ivey Sirmans,”Beth is always there to assist and to support children, friends and colleagues.”
Beth is married to Attorney Scott Smith. They have 3 daughters, Bailey, Avery and Anne Scott